Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Have you laughed today?

I have been a little MIA lately. As most of you know I am pregnant with our second child. Little man is so excited. This has been a very exhausting and sick couple of weeks. I had no morning sickness with little man. This one is a different story. But more on that later. 

Today I want to talk about the power of laughter. This morning as I was making breakfast for little man I got a little preoccupied. I didn't really pay attention to what time I put on the microwave. I went to grab the milk to get that for little man to find that the gallon we had went sour. So I started to dump it out and grab the new gallon. At this point little man started yelling mommy! The microwave was leaking out smoke. I immediately jumped to open the microwave door. Placed the plate under the running water, and ran to open the sliding glass door and window. All while holding little man who was choking on the smoke. I calmed him down and handed him his milk. Then I went to grab the plate of now black pancakes. I began to pick up the pancakes to only discover that they had melted pancake sized holes into the plate. I tossed the now ruined plate into the garbage and began to make new pancakes. What is the point of this story? I could have chosen to either yell and scream and be upset. Or chosen to laugh. I chose to laugh. Because seriously how ridiculous is it that I burnt microwave pancakes. I am not embarrassed at all. Because to me this was a teaching opportunity for my son. So many times we are so quick to be angry. What would happen if we laughed at every mistake we make? 

I make it a point to laugh daily at one mistake I make each day. We chose how to react. Laughter is a much better option to tearing ourselves down. This choice will not always be easy, there are still times when anger is my first reaction. But we should laugh. It is good for the soul. I believe it also shows our kids that it is ok to laugh when we make a mistake.  Isn't that the whole point? I challenge each and every one of you to laugh daily. It will be amazing what happens if you do. 

If laughing at your mistakes isn't you thing, that is totally fine. But atleast find something to laugh at each day. Even if it's YouTube videos. Or making silly faces with your kids in the mirror. 

Be the best mommy you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment