Friday, February 7, 2014

Ever have those days?

Do you ever have those days that you wake up in a funk? You stay in pjs all day and feel like such a failure. I do. Today was one of those day. But to me I embrace those days. For days like these are the days I will always remember most. They are usually filled with such laughter and snuggles. 

As a moms I feel that at times we measure the success of the day on what we got done. I know I am guilty of this. I get overwhelmed by dishes in the sink, loads of dirty laundry, unmade beds, and toy covered floors. But I have learned one thing in preparing to write this. None of that matters when you have a small child who depends on you. Being a mom is the most rewarding and challenging thing.  You constantly feel like you are not doing enough. At least for me I have my moments were I feel like I am doing no good for my son. I don't have enough patience all the time. My house doesn't always look picture perfect. We have melt downs on a regular basis. I have burnt dinner. But do these things matter in the eyes of your child? No they don't. I have heard it said that "Behind every great child, is a mother who thinks she is failing miserably. 

I promise you that what you are doing is enough. That you are the best mother for your child. My husband always tells me  "You are the best mommy Little man could ever ask for." To me that is a powerful statement. Our children love us so perfectly. They see us as super moms. We are doing exactly what we need to. To them we can do no wrong. 

Sure we are not perfect. No one is. But improvement is what matters. Being better and trying better each passing day. 

About a year ago there was a video going around on Facebook. A couple of mothers came in and talked about them as a mother. A couple of days later they came back in and watched a video of what their children said about them as a mother. It is amazing how much good our children have to say about us. To them we are enough. These mothers got one of the greatest gifts in my mind. That got to hear from their children the things that they are doing right. 

(The link to the video.)

Motherhood is not easy, but it is worth it. You are doing the best you can! Be proud of the amazing mother you are. Embrace the days that are lazy days. They will quickly become your favorite. 

Be the best mommy you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment